Monday, March 11, 2013

Stylish... For less!

This week's post is more for the ladies. Recently I have been going through my closet and pulling out the clothes I don't wear anymore. I figured if I condense my closet now, it will be easier to move come May.

This Saturday I took a bag of old clothes over to Plato's Closet on Sterling Ave., in hopes of making a few dollars. I dropped my clothes off then ran over to the mall to pick up a few things. When I came back, I was disappointed to find that Plato's Closet was only accepting one of my tops for $2.53. But the trip wasn't a complete waste. When I left Plato's Closet, I walked past a new shop right next store: Clothes Mentor.
Clothes Mentor is like the "big sister" of Plato's Closet. It is a consignment store just like Plato's but has more space, more dressing rooms and best of all better brands.

 Clothes Mentor carries business and professional outfits with brands ranging from Express to Ann Taylor Loft. Not only that, but the Peoria location has a complete rack of Vera Bradley bags. The difference between brands and products sold at Clothes Mentor and Plato's Closet shows that the target audience is full-time working woman vs. teenage girl.

I know consignment stores aren't for everyone, but I personally have always enjoyed stopping by Plato's Closest for lightly used jeans and great finds that still have the original tags on them. Needless to say, I was excited with what I found walking into Clothes Mentor. Although I didn't buy anything during my trip, I'm excited that I have another place to shop for business clothes at a discount price.

If you're in the area and looking for a new top to go with your dress pants, Clothes Mentor is definitely worth a stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment