Tuesday, April 9, 2013

A Movie Night In

One of my fondest memories growing up was going to Family Video every Friday night after dinner. Each weekend as a family, or just with my siblings, we would watch movies- new and old. The store managers knew me by name and I had memorized the layout of the store. It was nothing more than a routine then, but looking back now I guess you could say we were movie junkies.

Nowadays there is something old fashioned about actually going to a movie store to browse aisles of DVDs. A lot of people opt to visit a Redbox or just stream a movie from home. While a video store may not be as convenient as alternative options, there is a limited selection of movies that are available online or at a Redbox.

On top of the fact that there is a larger selection to choose from at a movie store, it is also less expensive. At Family Video, new release movies are about $2 and newly released and other older movies are just $1. Movies that are not a new release can typically be rented for 2-5 days. There are several Family Video locations in the area, and if you are a new customer- you're in luck. When you first sign up you get half-price movies for a whole month. On top of that, they send you home with a packet of coupons to use another time.

To be honest, I don't understand why people prefer to visit the movie store!

Just last weekend I rented two new release movies for about $2. It was awesome. Next time you consider visiting a Rebox don't forget about Family Video. Not only will they have that obscure movie you've been in the mood to see, but it will be less expensive too.

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone. I prefer to go to the movie store if I'm going to rent a movie, rather than streaming it or using Redbox. That being said, I don't rent many movies any more. I've kind of become a movie collector, and own a lot of movies. If I'm in the mood for a movie, I can always find one I own that I haven't watched in a while.

    ReplyDelete