Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Peanuts and Cracker Jacks

Spring is my favorite time of year. The weather is warmer but tolerable, everyone's moods are lifted after a midwest winter and everything turns green... what's not to love?

The weather isn't the only great thing about Spring. Spring also means baseball season. Baseball is my favorite sport and there is nothing better than spending an afternoon under the sun in a ballpark.

I have always loved baseball, but my dedication to the sport grew stronger two summers ago when I interned with the Peoria Chiefs. The Peoria Chiefs is a minor league baseball team located right here in Peoria.

While it was a long summer, the time I spent at the Chief's stadium was full of memories. As a marketing and promotions intern I coordinated in-game promotions, interacted with fans and danced on the dugouts. I made great friends that I still get together with several times a year and I learned to love baseball in a new way.

This is why I'm excited for the Chief's season to begin. Opening day is this Thursday. If I'm not exhausted after a long day of work, you'll find me there. But it's not just the atmosphere that keeps me going back to the stadium.

 The Chief's have great deals and promotions all season long. From $1 hot dogs, pops and chips on Wednesday to free giveaways you'll get more bang for your buck.

My personal favorite is Thirsty Thursday. During Thursday games 16 oz. draft beers are $1. That's right $1. AND they have Summer Shandy on tap for any Lienenkugel fans.

A complete list of Chief's games and promotions are available here- I hope to see you at a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment